Thursday, September 15, 2011

Minecraft Beta 1.8- Official Release- Opinion

It was said that the Minecraft Beta 1.8 Update was the Adventure Update, and with all of the new features, it's easy to see why. Overall, I'm rather happy with the update, but I have noticed a few problems, so I thought might post them here.

1. Crashing- I'm not sure if it's just me, but ever since I installed the 1.8 Pre-Release, I have had crashing issues. they have become more frequent in the latest update, and it is starting to get on my nerves. The frequency ranges from 5-10 mins and the game just closes right out.

2. Lag- I have seen this with other people, in person and on YouTube. It one of the most evident changes since I updated, and appears most prominently on areas of elevation change.

3. Useless Items- Not really a problem, but stupid nonetheless. I have mainly found that Rotten Flesh has no use, as well as Vines. I don't mind, just food for thought.

4. Strongholds- I have had a couple of issues with the introduction of Strongholds. The main one being that they are so rare, that there is around a 0.1% chance of finding one in your world without an X-Ray Texture Pack. Also, once you do find one, my other complaint is the lack of anything significant in there.

5. Rare Items- There are sown really rare things on Minecraft, buy since the Update, I have found everything- even DIAMOND a hell of a lot more common. Just an observation.

All in all, the Beta 1.8 Update definitely lot of new content to keep you going until the population of the NPC Villages in 1.9, albeit with a few little quirks along the way.

Cheers,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment